- By including Messiah College in your will or other deferred gift arrangement, you will play an important part-along with other members of the Heritage Society-in educating future generations of servant leaders through your stewardship plans.
- The current strategic plan calls for increasing the endowment to $150 million. We know that a strong endowment helps to keep a Messiah College education affordable.
- To encourage 100 individuals/families to include Messiah College in their estate plans through December 2018.
- To encourage full participation by the current Board of Trustees.
- To have estate planning conversations with as many former board members as possible.
- To increase participation among alumni, parents and friends of Messiah.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Every estate planning gift, regardless of amount, will be included in this initiative.
- Participation will be counted as follows:
- Bequest provision-specify a specific amount or a percentage of the estate
- Qualified Retirement Plan - include Messiah College as beneficiary in IRA, 401k, 403B plans
- Life Insurance - include Messiah as a beneficiary
- Commercial Annuity - include Messiah as a beneficiary
- Living Trust
SAMPLE LANGUAGE TO ADD MESSIAH TO YOUR WILL:
I, [name], of [city, state, ZIP] give, devise and bequeath to Messiah College, situated
in Grantham, Pennsylvania [written amount, description of property or percentage of the estate] for its unrestricted use and purposes.
Messiah College's tax ID #23-1352661.