Monday July 13, 2020
You're invited to join the Heritage Society:
There are many reasons to support Messiah College. Perhaps the most compelling reason is that every gift supports our mission of educating men and women toward maturity of intellect, character, and Christian faith in preparation for lives of service, leadership, and reconciliation in church and society. Messiah College's first president, S.R. Smith, was one of the strongest advocates in the Brethren in Christ denomination for the creation of a church-affiliated school. Smith donated his home in Harrisburg to provide a building for lodging and classroom space for Messiah's first term. Eight students were enrolled at that time. In 1911, S.R. Smith donated approximately 5 acres of land so that the growing school could be relocated in Grantham, close to his own home and his noodle factory. Revenue from Smith's noodle factory helped to sustain the fledgling school in these early years and S.R. Smith's philanthropy was the beginning of a robust legacy of sacrificial giving, in which countless people have given to help make a Messiah education possible.
To read a letter from our President please click here.
Please browse through the links across the top to discover the many reasons to support Messiah College. And, feel free to share with us what inspires you to give!
What is the Heritage Society?
The Messiah College Heritage Society is a group of special friends who have remembered the College in their estate plans through wills, deferred gift arrangements, or endowed funds.
How Can I Become a Member?
Although not exhaustive, the following is a list of the most common ways you can become a Heritage Society member:
- Include the College in your will.
- Establish a gift annuity or charitable trust.
- Create an endowed scholarship fund.
- Name the College as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, pension plan, or IRA.
Messiah College faithfully honors requests for anonymous membership.
Enjoy the Benefits
- Create an enduring legacy that will help preserve Messiah's rich heritage and ensure its promising future for generations to come.
- Be included in Heritage Society-sponsored events, such as bus trips, dinner concerts, etc.
- Receive an invitation to the annual Legacy Dinner.
- Be remembered on your birthday
- Receive the annual President's Report
Heritage Society News
For information, please contact Emily Lint at
717-796-5051 or firstname.lastname@example.org